SHINE - Occupational Therapist
Roles and Responsibilities
The main function of the OT is to enable participants to participate in everyday life using meaningful and purposeful occupations.
You will report to: SHINE Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct initial interviews with participants and/or their parents to identify goals for the week To work closely with individual participants and support them in their goal programme To monitor the needs of participants
- To conduct shower and transfer assessments where necessary To recommend appropriate equipment where necessary
- To run group OT sessions in areas of interest to participants such as cooking skills, money management, stress management, relaxation, arts ’n’ crafts
- To maintain daily records and documentation.
- To work closely with nurses in forming a morning timetable
- To provide guidance and direction to care and activity volunteers To respect the dignity and confidentiality of participants To act as an advocate for participant if appropriate
- To communicate with family and community services as required To make referrals to community OT’s as required Such other appropriate duties as may be required.
To become a SHINE Occupational Therapist you must:
- Be 21 years of age, or older, by the 21st June prior to SHINE starting
- Have experience and a formal qualification in occupational therapy
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Be a caring, hard working, responsible and a patient person