SHINE - Nurse
To apply for a nursing position on SHINE, please fill out the application form by clicking here.
Roles and Responsibilities
Nurses work for one full week. Day shift is from 8 am to 8 pm and night shift is from 8 pm to 8 am. Nurses may need to meet prior to SHINE to plan adequately for their week and involvement.
A summary of the responsibilities of the nurse on SHINE is as follows:
- Attend and/or facilitate training on Saturday prior to participants’ arrival Reporting to Coordinator
- To provide direct nursing care to participants
- To monitor the nursing needs of participants
- To provide service in bowel management, intermittent catheterisation and wound care management to participants
- To dispense medication as prescribed by participants’ med practitioner.
- To supervise and assist special feeding of participants
- To maintain daily records and documentation
- To be familiar with the Waterlow assessment and the FRAT assessment
- To provide guidance to care and activity volunteers
- To respect the dignity and confidentiality of participants To act as an advocate for participant if appropriate
- To communicate with family and community services as required To carry out other appropriate duties as may be required.
To become a SHINE Nurse you must:
- Be 21 years of age, or older, by the 21st June prior to SHINE starting
- Have experience and a formal qualification in nursing Be an excellent communicator
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Be a caring, hard working, responsible and a patient person